Recipe modified from SkinnyTaste.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
· 1 ½ pounds skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
· ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or Tamari
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 2 Tablespoons water
· 1 1/3 Tablespoon sesame or canola oil
· 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
· 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
· 6 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
· 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· Fresh black pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot add 2 teaspoons oil and add the asparagus and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and the asparagus is tender-crisp. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Increase the heat to high, then add 2 teaspoons of oil and the chicken and sauté until cooked through. Set aside
4. Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan; bring to a boil and cook about 1 ½ minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well. When it simmers, return the chicken and asparagus to the pan and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and serve.
6. Serve with brown rice, soba noodles, or brown rice noodles.