Recipe modified from MarthaStewart.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
· 1 ripe avocado
· Zest and juice of 1 lemon
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 6 oz solid albacore tuna, packed in water
· 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
· Pepper to taste
· Fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Halve avocado lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop out 2 Tablespoons avocado flesh from each half and leave the shells with the remaining flesh intact.
2. Mash the 4 Tablespoons avocado with lemon juice and olive oil until smooth.
3. Toss tuna, sunflower seeds, lemon zest, and pepper to taste. Fill halves with tuna mixture, and garnish with basil, if desired.