Recipe by Sydney Richards, LD, RDN
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 60 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
· ½ pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
· 1 cup quinoa
· 1 cup raw sweet potatoes, diced
· Olive oil for cooking
· 1 bunch of curly kale
· 2 Tablespoons of tahini
· 2 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
· 2 or more Tablespoons of minced garlic
· 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce or Tamari
· 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 2 or more Tablespoons of filtered water
1. Rinse the quinoa and cook according to the instructions. When finished, allow to cool and set aside in a bowl.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and dice sweet potatoes into small cubes. Toss in olive oil and spread on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Season chicken breasts with pepper. Wrap each individually in aluminum foil. Put the chicken and sweet potatoes in the oven together. Bake both for 30-45 or until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are soft.
3. While the quinoa is cooking and the chicken and sweet potatoes are baking, wash the kale and remove the stems. Tear kale into bite sized pieces and set aside in a separate bowl.
4. In a blender, mix the tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and water. Blend until the consistency is that of a dressing. Add water by the Tablespoon if you need to alter the consistency.
5. Add dressing to kale and “massage” it until the fibers break down and it becomes soft.
6. When the chicken is finished, chop into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes, and quinoa to the bowl with the kale. Toss ingredients and serve.